The survey results show that the most common reasons people go raw or are interested in going raw are:
1. To get healthy, eat healthier, or for overall health.
2. To lose weight, eat more naturally, and eat clean.
3. To have more energy, for longevity, and fitness
4. Concern for animal rights, improve brain function, and prevent disease
Some of the emails I received from people also listed…
- to get skinny
- to lose weight |||
- get healthy ||
- eat more naturally
- heal from pneumonia
- to heal from an illness ||
- to heal from hep c
- to heal from diabetes
- to stop eating so many carbs
- Gospel of Peace
- Believe it’s the best for my body inside and out
- detox my organs
- improve immune system
- improve digestive system
- prevention of disease
- to stop craving sweets
- integrity (no more fake foods)
- live to be 120 for my grandkids
- kindness to animals
- to avoid surgery (fibroid)
It was very interesting to look at the survey results. Many people selected multiple (sometimes 10 or more!) reasons for going / being raw. They spent an average of 2 minutes on the survey page.
Several people also included an “Other” reason or only specified an “Other” reason.
Some of these “Other” responses that people wrote under “Please specify” on the survey were:
- Wife died and I stopped going out to eat
- To glow from the inside out
- To be the best me
- Heal fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue
- Heal migraine
- Get off Big Pharma medications
- high blood sugar, tooth problems, chest pains
- As part of natural regimen to stabilize symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Eating raw to stay cooler in the summer
- Prostate health
- Took a workshop
- Prevent disease
- I haven’t been to the doctor in 30 years so it’s my Health insurance!
- I have life-threatening conditions.
- I enjoy Biblical food suggestions.
Almost all the reasons listed were selected by at least someone. Out of the 55 reasons listed on the survey, the only ones that were not selected at all were:
- heal cancer
- control MS
- heal crohns / colitis
- control crohns / colitis
- was brought up raw
Healing heart disease and diabetes were also very low (1 and 2 people respectively).
I am surprised that healing serious illnesses was not a more common reason for going raw when there are so many stories from people who healed themselves out there.
If you’d like to look at the Survey Results yourself, here’s the link:
If you’d like to take the Survey click here:
If you’d like to find out why people love going raw with my go-raw programs, visit:
http://28daysRaw.com and join in the next session starting Monday October 3rd!